Jeff J. Horn Jr.
New York Office:646.257.3680
- Entrepreneurs Organization, Dallas Chapter.
- Japan-American Society of Dallas/Ft. Worth (General Counsel, 2001-2002; Member of the Board of Directors, 2001-2002, 2004 to 2006).
- New York State Bar Association.
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York.
- State Bar of Texas.
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas.
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas.
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas.
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas.
- Louisiana State Bar Association.
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana.
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Louisiana.
- Southern Methodist University, Dedman School of Law, Juris Doctor. Cum laude.
- The University of Utah, Bachelor of Arts, International Relations. Double minor in Japanese and Asian History. Cum laude. Recipient of President's Award for Outstanding Scholastic Achievement.
Jeff Horn is co-founder of Ohashi & Horn LLP, an international firm with offices in Dallas, New York, and Tokyo. Jeff’s creativity and business acumen have made him a trusted adviser of numerous executives of international corporations, principals of prominent hedge funds and investment firms, and entrepreneurs. Jeff maintains an extremely diverse international transactional and litigation practice that includes structuring, negotiating, and documenting complex international mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, and strategic partnerships; commercial litigation; and establishing and maintaining intellectual property licensing and enforcement programs. Jeff has more than 20 years of experience related to Asia, including living in Japan for two years, and is especially adept at handling complex cross-border matters. Fluent in Japanese, Jeff represents numerous subsidiaries and affiliates of well-known Japanese companies, and Japanese governmental organizations. He also represents U.S. companies in their efforts to penetrate the Japanese market and in negotiating agreements and resolving disputes with Japanese counterparties. Practicing in Dallas, New York, and Tokyo—three of the world’s most competitive business centers—Jeff has a proven track record of success. The challenges he faces in his international, multi-faceted practice give him an uncommon perspective and understanding of the global business environment in which his clients operate.
What Clients Say:
"Jeff has represented us in several corporate and litigation matters since we started our investment firm over six years ago. It is rare to find a counselor who has the acumen to handle both business transactions and complex commercial litigation. Jeff has a natural ability to take control of and find a resolution in the most challenging and complex situations. He has been a critical asset and a true partner in our growth and success."
Brandon W. Freeman
"Pugnacious when needed but always professional, Jeff has proven to be an invaluable partner. He is not only a skilled American lawyer—with knowledge of both the American and Japanese legal landscapes and cultures—he is an internationally minded asset to any multi-national organization."
Satoru Ando, President & CEO
Sumisho Computer Systems (USA), Inc.
"Jeff has worked with many of our employees over the years to address various legal matters, and we have always been impressed with his tough, open, and honest approach. With his vast knowledge of our people and company as well as the law, we have entrusted him to manage our employee hotline and to be the first person for our employees to consult when they have an issue."
Alvin Proctor, SPHR
Vice President of Human Resources
Kaneka North America LLC
Kaneka Americas Holding, Inc.
"Jeff handled a case of first impression involving a complex corporate merger. His tenacious, thorough preparation resulted in a total victory on the eve of trial—the opposition dismissed all of their claims with prejudice. It was a display of superb preparedness."
William B. Owens
Crowell and Owens, L.L.C.